Location: Columbia, MD, USA
This position reports to the Head of Purchasing and is responsible for purchasing construction and operational materials, along with pursuing vendors and contractors for labor and material bids. This position assists with researching the cost of anticipated purchase (i.e. vinyl, flooring, furniture, equipment, kitchen/laundry, HVAC etc.) and places approved orders.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with receiving bids.
- Assist with managing the OS&E / FF&E purchasing for ongoing construction and projects.
- Communicates information that could impact ongoing projects.
- Ensure product, supplies, and equipment are received timely for project completion.
- Adhere to a checklist for each hotel opening/renovation to assure all product is ordered in a timely fashion.
- Monitor for missing or damaged items, and assist with follow up for replacement and credit with the vendor.
- Keep close follow up with vendors on all purchase orders to ensure accuracy and timeliness according to a delivery schedule.
- Assist with maintaining records for adherence to terms, pricing, and compliance for OS&E/FFE categories.
- Verifies receipt of items and compares items to items received for those orders. Quickly rectifies discrepancies.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents for easy retrieval.
- Keeps supervisor updated as to upcoming price changes.
- Assists in other related areas of material and supply management including oversight of periodic inventory of materials and supplies.
- Assist company in job proposal process to ensure accurate material and supply pricing.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers/vendors for substitute items; obtains approval from supervisor for substitutions.
- Team oriented – position requires working with hotel operations, ownership, construction, vendors, and suppliers.
- Must possess attention to confidentiality, detail oriented, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task while planning, organizing, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Experience with IHG, Hilton, and Marriott a plus.
- Understanding of construction techniques and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in using Excel spreadsheets, MS Word, and other office software.
- Experience with Google Mail and Google Docs a plus.
To Apply, contact Manjila Saraf at Manjila.Saraf@baywoodhotels.com